DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION | EXERCISE




30/08/19 - 06/09/19 | Week 1 - Week 2
Yeoh Xiao Shi (0331577)
Digital & Social Media Communication
Exercises



EXERCISES 
Strategic Design (Week 1)

Week 1 (30/08/19)
In the first day of class, Mr Asrizal gave us a brief on this module and explain the breakdown of our future assignments. Then, we were told to research on strategic design and present in front of the class. By doing this exercise, I'm able to learn what strategy design is about, what goes into design strategy as well as the role of the strategic designers.

Here are my group presentation slides below.


Embedded PDF of my group's presentation slides


Google Merchandise Store Analytics (Week 2)

Week 2 (06/09/19)
In the previous week, we were given another exercise before we were dismissed. We were required to analyse the data of Google Merchandise Store's demo account, compiled it into a slide and present the findings to the class.

Google Analytics : https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/?utm_source=demoaccount&utm_medium=demoaccount&utm_campaign=demoaccount#/report-home/a54516992w87479473p92320289

Here are my group findings below.


Embedded PDF of my group's presentation slides



REFLECTION

Experiences
As a warm-up, we were given two exercises before moving on to the projects. The first exercise is an in-class exercise which we need to research on strategic design and present it as a group, whereas the second exercise requires us to analyse the data of Google Merchandise Store's demo account to be familiarised with the analytics tool. 

Observations
I noticed I already get confused when we were told to research strategy in class. I can't imagine how the upcoming task will be and started to worry whether I could handle it. There is also a hard time for me to work on analytics. But, slowly I found myself getting more familiar with it and could now understand the analytics. 

Findings 
Through the first exercise, I managed to learn and understand what strategy design is about, what goes into design strategy and the role of the strategic designers. For the second exercise, I have learned how to look at the analytics and write a short description of it. 

Comments